The first Wireless Radio Broadcast happened in 1906.
- Reginald Aubrey Fessenden invented AM radio
- AM stands for amplitude modulation
- KDKA in Pittsburgh, most often cited as the first radio outlet in the United States.
- The first radio show happened in 1916.
- In 1933, FM radio was patented
- Edwin H. Armstrong invented FM radio.
- FM stands for frequency modulation
- In 1937, W1XOJ became the first FM radio station.
- The first FM radio tower is still in use today.
- The Scott 350 was the world's first FM Stereo receiver. Manufactured in 1961.
- More than 243 million Americans listen to the radio each month.
- Country is the most commonly listened to radio station type.
- There Are 15,330 U.S. Radio Stations
- Americans listen to the radio an average of 106 minutes a day.
- Radio is a 20 billion dollar a year industry.
456 E Juanita Ave Suite 8
Mesa, AZ 85204
Leave a comment