Clean your CDs and DVDs in 5 easy steps!
Oftentimes your CDs and DVDs will get smudges or fingerprints on them and that will lead to skipping discs. Here at SpenCertified we want you to get the most out of your CD/DVD experience, so we have put together a quick recipe for getting your DVDs, CD and Blu-Ray discs clean
You will need:
- Dirty disc
- Spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Mix a solution of 1 part alcohol with 1 part water in your spray bottle.
- Flip up your dirty disc so that the shiny side is up. This will be the side without the label on it.
- Grab the disc by the edges only, or you can put your index finger in the hole to make it easier to spin.
- Spray the disc with the alcohol/water solution. Not too much, a little bit goes a long way.
- Gently wipe the disc from the hole outwards until the solution is dry, turning the disc to remove all the contaminants across the surface. The reason you want to wipe outwards is so that if your disc does scratch, the laser will still be able to read the information instead of refracting the light and skipping the disc.
That's it, you're all done! You should try to keep your discs in their original packaging to protect them and keep them safe from scratches and smudges.
456 E Juanita Ave Suite 8
Mesa, AZ 85204